New York University, New York, NY
Master’s of Science in Clinical Nutrition, December 2016
Boston College, Honors Program, B.A., May 2006
Majors: English and Communication
Study abroad program at Queen Mary College, University of London Fall 2004
Nutrition Assistant, Metropolitan Hospital Center, East Harlem, NY 2/2014-Present
- Conduct meal rounds to help improve patient satisfaction.
- Perform tray assessments to measure food temperature, appearance, aroma, taste, et al.
- Evaluatethe accuracy of the nursing nutrition screen as per departmental policies and procedures.
- Verify malnutrition codes in the EMR with the Criteria for ICD-9 Coding of Malnutrition.
- Gather data via the EMR for departmental quality assurance initiatives, e.g. timeliness of clinical documentation, provision of nutrition education, delivery of nutrition recommendations.
- Assess the productivity of clinical dietitians through review of activity logs and utilization of departmental templates.
Private Practice Volunteer at Keri Gans Nutrition, New York, NY 9/2013-1/2014
- Shadowed private nutrition counseling sessions in New York City office.
- Researched articles for online columns, and helped Gans prepare for live TV segments and radio interviews.
City Harvest Nutrition Educator, Brooklyn, NY 6/2013-8/2013
- Taught Produce Education Program lessons to elderly residents of Quincy Senior Center.
Writer, Editor and Digital Strategist 2012-Present
- Freelance Managing Editor for HealthyStartsMadeSimple.com (sponsored by Kellogg’s).
- Contributor to Shape.com, DailyBurn.com, Turner Wellness Media’s Upwave.com, HealthyHand.com, Noom Weight Loss Coach (weight loss app for Android), SpaFinder.com Wellness Blog, Supermarket News’ Whole Health, Entrepreneur.com, PetMD.com, Studio One, Thinkmag.net, Weston Magazize.
- Taught “Reporting and Writing in the Digital Era” for NYU’s SCPS (fall 2012).
Features Editor, NBC Universal/DinnerTool.com, New York, NY 6/2011-7/2012
Associate Content Producer 7/2010-6/2011
- Managed programming and freelancers for recipe tool and cooking resource DinnerTool.com.
- Launched articles section, which helped increase search traffic by 30%.
- Analyzed metrics daily with subsequent application to all content promotion and creation.
- Managed social media platforms and increased Facebook and Twitter audiences by 100%.
- Interfaced with technology team on site updates, user experience and implement SEO tactics.
- Oversaw traffic-boosting marketing campaigns, from recipe contests to poll-based holiday sweepstakes.
- Developed website budget and editorial calendars, monitor P&L and managed small on-site staff.
- Mentored company interns in NBC’s Campus 2 Careers program.
Associate Editor, AOL Health, New York, NY 1/2010-7/2010
- Reported, wrote and copy edited AOL Health’s diet and fitness arm, ThatsFit.com, including interviews, news, product tests and ghosted posts for celeb trainers.
- Copy edited, fact checked and moderated comments on 5-8 stories daily.
Associate Editor, Folio: magazine, Norwalk, Conn. 9/2008-1/2010
- Wrote ~6 stories/month for media industry magazineincluding dedicated design column, “Face Up,” and co-writing features with the executive editor.
- Created 10-20 pieces of content for FOLIOmag.com, such asbreaking news, trend stories, blogs and slideshows.
- Updated and managed online events, newswire, and multimedia slideshows.
- Recruited speakers for major publishing industry events.
- Moderated and recruited for Folio: publishing industry webinars.
Assistant/Associate Editor, Studio One, New York, NY 3/2007-9/2008
- Brainstormed, copy edited and wrote content for 15+ custom lifestyle websites. Associate Editor for content syndication company.
- Duties included copyediting, proofing, establishing copy schedules; researching and writing feature stories, reviews and polls; drafting proposals; overseeing interactive, community elements.
College Editorial Internships 6/2002-8/2006
- Bridal Guide magazine, New York, NY
- The Improper Bostonian magazine, Boston, Mass.
- MediaPost Communications, New York, NY
- Weston Magazine Group, Westport, Conn.
- MRM Worldwide, McCann Worldgroup, New York, NY
· Contributing articles to various print and online outlets, including: 2006-2012
· Weight Watchers magazine and WeightWatchers.com
· Zink magazine
· MediaPost Publications’ MEDIA and OMMA magazines
· Relate magazine
· NEXTStep magazine
· MyDaily.com (now part of HuffPost Women)
· Lemondrop.com (now part of HuffPost Women)
· Fox Digital’s Beliefnet.com
Personal blog chronicling hikes (hikingbetty.tumblr.com) 2012-Present
Figure Skating in Harlem coach and volunteer 2010-2012
Reporter and weekly fashion columnist for Boston College newspaper 2005-2006
Principal cellist with Boston College Symphony Orchestra 2002-2006
High school and college club and intramural ice hockey 1999-2006
NBC Universal Ovation April 2012
Global reward and recognition based on production and management of the first-ever recipe contest for branded website DinnerTool.com
Student member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2013-Present
Language: Basic A1-A2 Level Spanish (CRFR)
Computer programs, content management systems and social platforms:
- Basic HTML coding
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Suite
- Google Analytics
- ComScore (analytics)
- Food Processor SQL
- Brightcove (video)